From Paris with Love: Escapist Fun ~ Chris Pattas Blog

Feb 28, 2010

From Paris with Love: Escapist Fun

I just saw John Travolta's latest action flick called "From Paris with Love".  I know this is supposed to be an escapist action-packed secret agent type movie with lots of sarcastic humour, but I wish the plot was a little less predictable and the tension a bit greater.  I like the explosions, the fast pace, and the reference to the "Royale cheeseburger" is a parody of Travolta's role from "Pulp Fiction".
But, unlike "Taken" (same director) it doesn't have the tension or emotion.  It is more like "The Transporter" (same producer) in that there is lots of action and unrealistic "everyone dies except the hero" stuff.  The writers should have given some better material to Kasia Smutniak's role - an opportunity to create a more believable climax.
There is room for a sequel as the two lead actors are quite complimentary.  I'd stick to watching this on DVD when you have two hours to kill.  I rated it a 6 out of 10.

No comments: