Sherwood's at Cowes: Elegant Casual Dining on Phillip Island ~ Chris Pattas Blog

Feb 20, 2010

Sherwood's at Cowes: Elegant Casual Dining on Phillip Island

I was with some friends on Thursday night in a beautiful part of the world called Cowes on Phillip Island in Victoria.  We were treated to a dinner at Sherwood's which was unforgettable.  The most delicious combinations and portions of meat and vegetable dishes I have had in a long time.  It is a shame they don't have a website and I could not find any reviews online.
Now, we did have a special menu prepared for us because we were a corporate group.  The beef was so tender; the crab dish was so tasty I had too many servings; the spring roll had such a mixture of spices I thought I was going to overdose on happiness!  The wines and deserts were okay.
The restaurant is only metres from the beach at Cowes.  At this time of the year most of the tourists have gone and there is nowhere to party-on after 11am.  So, if you go to see the penguins or enjoy the beach in this beautiful part of the world make sure you visit Sherwood's and savour the cooking.

No comments: